Fast forward development…

My idea – inspired by evolution and motherhood – turned out to be much broader than I expected. Even after talking to my friends and the tutors, I still couldn’t narrow the whole story down to any specific aspect, which really troubled me because at the beginning of the project I made a promise to myself that I’m going to use more workshops than I normally do, and unable to have clear focus made me struggle to decide which way of visualisation I should use.

My little craft which has nothing to do with the theme but it’s still cute..

And the after effect work I’ve done out of a music file!!

Despite of my unsettled idea, I went to the screen printing workshop and made one of my drawings for the project into a print It didn’t appear in the final out come but I had fun doing it.

I also planed to make my work anaugmented reality installation using my print, but I failed to develop this idea further because I can’t think of anything interesting to put in the AR.

Split screen, projection mapping and interactive video were in my plan too, and I spent a lot of time on the story that I wanted to fit in, but as I went on, those ways just seems unnecessary for my story.

In the end, I decided to just do what I’m best at, a film. I shoot it in POV instead of a normal conversation, which adds a little more fun to my video. But it’s still a shame that I didn’t get to explore different ways of story telling and visualisation.  I like the transition of my video, which I made a big effort on, it smooths the cut between two different scenes (almost random scenes).  But I didn’t get to shoot this in professional way, as I promised to myself in the beginning, which is another pity, and something that I’m looking forward to achieve in the future.