Fast forward ready? Go!

The theme Fast forward actually gave me confusion at the beginning, because it’s not specific enough that can make me think of anything immediately, but it’s not broad enough that I can think of anything without limit.

Some starting points that my friends and I came up with some starting points, time, speed, black holes…

Natural History Museum& White Cube

Seeing the evolution of lives and human being in Natural History museum gave me the sense of Fast forward, because I only spent a few hours seeing the process that took millions of years. And a trip to the White Cube and seeing the work of the artist____’s work about her late mother inspired me of the theme of mother even more.

Blade Runner & Blade Runner 2049

Saatchi Gallery

In Blade Runner 2049, the protagonist was caught in the trouble of finding that the replicant might have the ability of having children and he might be that children being born by replicants. And in the film High Life by Claire Denis, the scientist risks her life and goes on the space ship for her experiment because she “believes in reproduction”. That’s when I realized the decrease of the birth rate has caused concerned and our plan for the future has to not only focus on the technology, the environment, also on ourselves.

Some little experiments I did on the class for the theme evolution.