The journey (can’t think of any adjective so let’s just not put anything)

My creative journey of this project is actually the most intense one of the three projects I have done. I started quite smoothly with my three collections and I thought my collections are the best among other students, they are very special, very interesting… However, when I try to build the connection between them I just went totally stuck (OK friendly notice, the word ‘stuck’ Is going to appear in this blog for many times).

In the first few weeks I struggled for creating images out of my three collections, because the three collections are just so different from one another, but I made it by choosing some elements from each collections and put them together in an unexpected way, and that worked quite well,

helping me get the idea of seeing(actually the idea of seeing also came from the show that I was watching, Daredevil)

After that I did some secondary research towards blindness and the idea of other ways of seeing with the help of Trudi, I also managed to came up with three different ideas of my final outcome.

Up to then, the situation was quite positive. But then I just went totally stuck again about how to visualise the three ideas, or at least one of them. I spent several evenings putting all kinds of materials in front of my camera and tried to create unusual images. I made quite a lot of cool videos but they are kind of just the same thing and I didn’t know how to develop from them.

Luckily my great skill of using Premiere helped and I made a very cool video of abstract lights and shadows using the footages I took.

But the problem is although it looked cool, it didn’t say anything or express any idea. So I tried to put the idea of ‘The things you see affects the things you dreamed of’ in this cool video. However it was not that exciting anymore and it was too empty for the two minutes video (when I only had 10 seconds during the first project I was dreaming all day to have a two minutes limits, but when I finally have it I feel it’s so long that I don’t really have enough thing to put in).

After talking to Trudi again, I decided to made this video more narrative With a more complete story line, so I went into the photography studio on the Thursday before the deadline and made a video of a therapist who is trying to brainwash another girl (don’t know how I came up with this idea and how I linked this idea to my three collections!!! I kind of wasted a whole day doing the shooting that didn’t even fit my theme! )

I spend the whole day on the Friday before the deadline trying to put the footages of the girl dreaming and the footages of therapist together but I just looked so weird that I didn’t even have the courage to show it to the teacher and that actually stressed me out.

But then in the evening I just suddenly remembered this song from Oasis which is called She’s electric. I thought since I’ve been exploring the idea of other ways to see, why don’t I just turn myself into another being, What I will see being electric? What I will see with the ability of accessing all the information on the Internet only with an electric mind which is different from human mind?

I spent a lot of time thinking about how people’s sights are limited by their knowing, and how people are deceived by all the commercials and propaganda (which connected to my collections) but I’ve never thought about what it will be like if I can see all the facts, if I can see everything objectively. And that’s what I eventually put into the video.