Another one bites the dust

Everybody, I just watched Bohemian Rhapsody !!!!

Tbh, the film itself is just like a common biography film, starts from how Queen   was formed and ends at the point when the band!@#$%^&*(I don’t want to spoil it. So take a lucky guess or just go watch the film.) They split up and get back together again, Freddie has his dark time but gets himself back again… It’s kind of cliché, but I have to admit that I almost cried my eyes out when seeing the scenes in which the band plays in Live Aid…

I have heard about this band long time ago, not to mention that We will rock you is very popular around students because it’s such a good song that everybody can take part in even if you don’t really know the lyrics. However, I had never bothered to get to know about this band because I didn’t like old bands(such an idiot is it), even after the song Bohemian Rhapsody became more popular among young people as the background music of the Suicide Squad trailer, I still feel nothing about learning more of this band and I only listened to the Panic! At the disco version(I was a super big arrogant dumbass who only listen to young pop stars).

And one day, my friend recommended me to listen to the song Don’t look back in anger.  So I got to know about and started listening to old Rock n Roll bands like  Oasis, also Blur (don’t ask), and Muse, Pink Floyd, David Bowie… And finally Queen after listening to Under Pressure. I remembered thinking how amazing the voice of Freddie Mercury is when listening to their songs, and I have watched some live performances on YouTube, which gave me the image of the band(it’s basically the dramatic performing style of Freddie lol).

The Live Aid is probably the first video of Queen I watched, Freddie was in jeans and vest, leading the audience singing Ay-oh, with his dramatic gestures and body move,  looking so confident of what he’s doing. But soon after giving the performance, he got to know that he’s got AIDS, and he’s going to die in not a long time. Reading that story written down on the website gave me no special feeling, but after spending more then one hour with Freddie on the screen, it felt totally different. I suddenly remembered the video of Under Pressure I watched on YouTube, in which only David Bowie was on the stage. One comment says, I was wondering where Freddie is, then I saw it’s 1995.

He’s gone then. He can never do those dramatic things on the stage, and we’ll never be able to listen to his amazing voice in real.

And I cried so hard thinking about that.

Thinking back, I might not just cried for him, but also because I feel like I’m losing all these, all these people and music, the generation is ageing, their marks are vanishing, and their music will probably become something nobody but only a few old people listen to (think about how we treat opera today)one day. David Bowie is gone, Oasis and PF broke up, Blur is something close to breaking up, and even some of them are still holding on, they’re grandpa and nana now. I watched the video of blur playing Young and Lovely one day, Damon, with his face full of wrinkles, was singing to the young boys and girls: you can get what you want, you’re so young and lovely. Which broke my heart so hard. It’s nobody’s fault that people age, get sick and die, and what’s once the best and popular will go out of style sooner or later.

And all we can do is trying our best not to forget them so quickly I guess.